Helping Home & Business Owners “Own the Switch”
As CREW Members, we help home and business owners “Own the Switch” from dirty fossil fuels to clean, green solar energy by installing solar energy systems as quickly and cost effectively as possible. Our mission is to help them start saving money and using clean energy in the most efficient way.
As a result of our partnership with Geostellar, you can pique a homeowner’s interest by easily creating a 60-second QUICK ESTIMATE from your smart phone, tablet or computer. estimate by simply entering their address… and if that piques their interest, create a professional INSTANT ESTIMATE that gives them enough information to make a “go solar” decision.
Six Steps to Residential Success:
1 – PROSPECTING
2 – INSTANT ESTIMATE
3 – DESIGN CONSULTATION
4 – ON SITE VERIFICATION
5 – AGREEMENT
6 – INSTALLATION
These six steps are done in partnership with you, the Crew Solar Pro, a Geostellar Solar Guide and Project Manager and the Local Contractor. Below at the six steps in more detail with responsibility for each step.
1- PROSPECTING – Crew Solar Pros are Responsible
- Crew Solar Pro piques homeowner interest… offers Free 60-Sec Solar Energy Savings Assessment
- If homeowners says yes, do a “Quick Assessment” utilizing the Solar Club app for iOS or by going to Geostellar.com to further pique their interest.
- Discuss the savings and many benefits and offer home owner a in-depth Free Solar Energy Saving Assessment and ask for copy of utility bill
- “If I can get a copy of one of your recent power bills I can create a much more accurate and detailed Free Solar Saving Assessment for you. There is no cost & no obligation… and a lot of good information. If you have a smart phone, you can just snap a picture of it and send to me, or I could stop by and pick up a copy. When would be a good time to contact you to get that?”
2 – INSTANT ESTIMATE – Crew Solar Pros are Responsible
- Pro gets copy of utility bill and asks homeowner for a little more relevant information about their home and future usage plans (hot tub, EV, etc)
- Pro prepares Instant Estimates (get help from experienced Solar Pro or a Solar Guide if needed)
- Once dialed in we recommend producing three separate IE’s for Homeowner to review and chose from: Cash, 12 Year and 20 Year
- Pro then schedules and presents Instant Estimate(s) to customer in one of 3 ways: In person (best choice), Screen share with Zoom or JoinMe.com, Email to customer and go over via phone call
- Homeowner chooses their preferred Instant Estimate.
- Solar Pro informs homeowner that a Solar Guide from our partner Geostellar will be contacting them to verify home information and do a preliminary credit check.
- Pro inputs homeowner’s name and contact information into step 4 of solar guide checklist if the homeowner would like to move forward (or asks Solar Guide to mark deal as lost)
- Pro enters relevant notes for solar guide
3 – DESIGN CONSULTATION – Geostellar Solar Guides are Responsible
- From this point forward Pro, Guide and Homeowner work together to completion
- Geostellar Solar Guide makes contact with Crew Solar Pro to confirm details
- Guide then calls homeowner to verify project details, answer questions and do credit check
- If Homeowner passes credit, Guide moves project to fulfillment team for design
- If Homeowner fails credit, Guide offers other options to homeowner and notifies Pro
- If no other options work, project marked as lost
4 – ON SITE VERIFICATION – Geostellar Project Manager & Local Contractor
- Project Manager is assigned and moves project through Design Verification (DV) process
- Project Manager schedules on-site DV with Homeowner and Installer
- Installer takes measurements and photographs, submits any changes to Project Manager.
5 – AGREEMENT – Project Manager, Solar Pro, Homeowner & Installer
- Designer prepares Installation Agreement with final design,
- Designer uploads Agreement to Solar Profile and simultaneously sends copy to Crew Solar Pro
- Project Manager collects Homeowner Signature electronically and contacts Solar Pro if any difficulty arises
- Installer counter-signs Installation Agreement
- Solar Pro is paid first half of compensation earned (Happy Dance)
- Project is tracked during the entire process by Pro and Guide who continue to communicate via phone, email project notes, etc.
6 – INSTALLATION – Project Manager & Installer are Responsible
- Installer submits permit application and plans
- When permit granted, Project Manager schedules Installation Day with Installer and Homeowner
- Communication continues with Solar Pro through profile notes
- Project Manager procures equipment to be delivered to Installer
- Installer completes installation
- System is inspected
- Permission to Operate is granted by local utility
- Second half of compensation is paid (Do Happy Dance Again )
Relax, Breathe and Let’s Spread some Sunshine!
– name -,
You can save $48,745 with $0 down solar ownership. Obviously use their real name and get the amount from your proposal, which you attach to the email. You want to get them to open the email. Make it friendly and warm.
I took liberty of preparing this solar proposal and I am very excited about how much you can save. This is $0 out of your pocket and you pay the loan from your monthly savings (plus you will still save more money each month).
You have a lot of vents on your roof (give them any specific you see from google earth…this makes it more personal), so I am not sure we can get all of the panels on there, but before we design the whole system, I just want to hear back from you.
The best thing is that you own the system. You own your home, why rent your power? Solar ownership will increase the value of your house — leasing or renting solar will not. Please contact me with any questions.
If you are as excited about the proposal as I am, the next step is to get your loan approved. It is simple, quick and we just run a soft credit check (it does not hurt your credit).
All you have do is call me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.
You are already entered into our system and are ready to get approved for an installation. Your rate is likely to be between 2.99% to 5.99%. In your initial proposal I did 5.99%, but the final rate will be calculated based on your credit and the terms you select.
You could save even more. Thanks for helping us spread sunshine (and savings). Please contact me directly with any questions.
P.S. Here is a short video that explains our program: h
(use personalized video from your website)
— end email —
Put your email communications into your own words. You want to make them feel comfortable. Get used to picking up the phone and engaging with your prospects and customers. You WANT them to be expecting your call.
There has never been better time to switch to solar.
Solar power can dramatically reduce your utility bill and will protect you from rising utility rates for years to come. In addition, federal, state and local governments are offering generous rebates and incentives to go solar. The federal government offers a 30% tax credit on federal income taxes which is still in effect.
Our team of solar experts provide in-depth assistance on all required tax submission forms, which includes identifying all of the potential rebates, acquiring the relevant forms, and preparing the materials for you to sign and submit. We strive to make upgrading to solar a wonderful and hassle-free experience at every stage of the process, including your tax submission
Solar energy systems are durable and built to withstand the wear and tear of decades of outdoor conditions. Your system will operate best when it is clean and in direct sunlight, so depending on your climate, and the amount of precipitation you experience, a periodic rinsing may be required. Seasonal inspections and occasional trimming nearby trees will ensure your system is delivering optimal solar energy production.
In case you encounter any issues with your system’s performance, all of our installations with our partner Geostellar include a 10-year workmanship warranty, a 25 year solar panel warranty and a 20 year system performance guarantee with every installation as part of our service to you.
Solar energy systems are also extremely reliable. Solar has proven to be a dependable source of energy for large office buildings, large retailers and governmental agencies, supplying large quantities of energy. Some of the largest organizations in the world have buildings powered by solar energy, including eBay, Walmart, and the US Air Force.
CREW, Geostellar and our nationwide network of installers have incredibly high quality standards and use only the best equipment – we build your solar energy system to last, and stand by our quality with the industry’s only 20 year system performance guarantee.
All of the solar panels we use are guaranteed by the manufacturer to be productive for at least 25 years and will actually last much longer. In fact we often hear of older less advanced systems installed 30-40+ ago that are still performing! The primary operating components come with long-term manufacturer’s warranties. In addition, our partner Geostellar provides a 20 year solar system performance guarantees on every residential system that is installed.
When you begin to generate your own solar power, your utility bill will drop significantly… and each year the avoided increases on utilities will result in greater and greater savings. How much you will actually save will depend on the size of your system, your actual electricity usage and your current and future utility rates. Your CREW solar energy consultant, can so a custom tailored Solar Energy Assessment for you and your home to determine what you immediate and projected savings might be.
No. Solar electric power systems integrate seamlessly into your home existing electrical system. You won’t have to buy new appliances or change your electrical outlets; everything will work just the same as it did before…. and maybe even better because much of your power will be clean, green solar energy generated from your own roof! So just sit back and watch your utility savings add up knowing you “own the switch” and are part of the pollution solution.
We hope so, and it’s easy to find out. Simply enter your information here, and we will give you a call to get your solar journey started. Our customer-focused CREW Members can quickly evaluate your home’s suitability for solar by examining satellite photos of your property, with no cost to understand if solar is right for you.
At certain times of the day, week, month or year, your solar energy system may produce more electricity than you use. This unused surplus electricity is returned to the utility grid to be used by other consumers and your electric meter will actually spin backwards when this is happening. At other times when your home needs to pull some additional electricity from the utility grid, your electric meter will spin forward. This process is called “NET METERING”… the result of which is that you only pay for the”net” amount you have puled in excess of what you have supplied to the grid.
At a high level, energy from the sun is collected by the solar panels on your roof and converted into electricity. This electricity from the panels, which are made up of of photovoltaic cells, is in “direct current” (DC) form, which needs to be converted into “alternating current” (AC) electricity that you currently use in your home.
This AC/DC conversion is made by a component called an inverter, which is included with your system. The inverter then channels the usable electricity into your existing power meter, and it can then be used to power your home. When your system generates energy in excess of your home’s needs, that extra power is sent back into the grid (a process called “net metering”) which in turn lowers the cost of your utility bill. Clean energy + savings!
Since the amount of power your solar system generates is a direct result of sunlight, it will produce slightly less energy when the weather is cloudy, and will not produce any energy at night. Your home will continue to be connected to your local utility grid, so that you can automatically begin to draw power from the grid whenever you need it. You won’t experience any power interruptions; the switch between solar system power and the utility grid happens seamlessly, with nothing to do on your end.
The biggest difference is that both solar leases and power purchase agreements (PPAs) entail a third party owning the solar system on your house, while a solar loan means that YOU own your system. Whether you go solar with a loan, a lease or a PPA, you will likely save money on your utility bills immediately.
However, the financial benefits of owning your system – either through a solar loan or a cash purchase – highlight the clear advantages of ownership.
- Lease: In the lease model, an Installer builds a solar energy system that it owns on your property. You pay a leasing fee for the solar energy system. Solar leases typically involve annual inflation escalators meaning you pay more each year for the power from solar system. You don’t get any tax credits or incentives; instead, the installation company gets them and typically sells them to a big conglomerate company.
- PPA: In the PPA model, similar to a lease, an Installer builds a solar energy system that it owns on your property. The Installer then sells the power generated by its system back to you at a fixed rate. You don’t get any tax credits or incentives, and you effectively pay the same high financing costs as you would in a solar lease.
- Solar Loan: With a solar loan, you actually OWN the system on your roof instead of renting it from a solar company. The solar loan is similar to a lease or PPA in that you have no upfront costs, but also provides significant additional benefits for Homeowners. After your system is installed, you may be eligible for a 30% federal tax credit. In addition, many states also provide additional tax credits to encourage people to buy their systems.* With a loan, these tax incentives belong to the Homeowners who purchase their system, but in a lease, the leasing companies pocket the sizable tax credits because they own the systems.
In summary, the solar loan combines the benefits of a lease – no down payment, energy cost savings, hassle-free maintenance and performance guarantees – with the financial upside from ownership. Solar loans are offered at $0 down, with low interest rates and no prepayment penalties, typically offering net savings far in excess of leases or PPAs.
No, there is no lien on your house. Our solar loans are secured by your solar energy system. We file a UCC-1 financing statement, naming your solar system equipment as collateral, which means that in the unlikely event you default on your loan we can repossess the solar equipment.
Many other solar energy companies require a lien on your home, effectively using your house as collateral for the loan payment. We don’t think you should have to put your home at risk to go solar.
One of the biggest advantages of buying (rather than leasing) your solar energy system is that you may qualify for a 30% federal tax credit to offset the cost of your system.
In order to keep your principle and interest payments s low as possible, our loans are designed with the expectation of you using your 30% federal credit to pay down the principal on your loan within 12-18 months. Based on that, we provide that portion (30%) of the loan to you with No Interest and No Principle (NINP) required.
The 70% portion of your loan is what your monthly principle and interest payments are based on.
However, if you do not pay down the original loan amount by 30% within the allocated time period, your monthly interest and principle payments will be revised and adjusted upward for the duration of the loan to cover that additional principle.
While we have attempted to streamline and support your tax credit preparation and filing process, it is important to note that it is your responsibility to make the appropriate filing in time to get the tax credit and pay down the 30% portion of your loan.
Yes, you can make a down payment… or pay down a portion of your loan at any time without penalty. Prepayments will not change the interest rate or monthly minimum payment required, but paying early will reduce the effective term of your loan and save you money by reducing the amount of interest you will pay in the future. If you choose to use your monthly savings to help pay off your loan, you can save even more money over the long run.
Most all of our loans are 100% financed $0 money down, so there are usually no up-front payments or costs whatsoever. You won’t start paying until the system is in and you start saving. On rare occasions, due to the size of your system and/or credit rating, a down payment may be required, but again, this is not our normal course of business.
Once you’ve reviewed the Solar Savings Assessment with your CREW Solar Pro, chosen a finance package and given a thumbs up on proceeding, one of our Geostellar Solar Guides will be calling to get some personal financial information and run a credit check.
At CREW, we’ve changed the experience of getting a loan. Instead of a time-consuming, paperwork-heavy process with inflexible rules, our loan application process has been described as “simple,” “hassle-free” and “the way it should be.” If you’re a qualified homeowner, getting a loan has never been easier.
To start your solar journey, simply Request a Proposal or Contact Us. One of our CREW Solar Pros will then call to get a basic understand your energy needs and do a Free Solar Savings Assessment for you. If it looks good, we will then have one of our Geostellar Solar Guides call you to do a simple, quick credit check to get your solar loan process going.
To qualify for a loan, you must own your home and be at least 18 years old with a verifiable bank account. We consider a number of factors in qualifying a you for a solar loan, including:
- Your current credit score
- Information provided by credit bureaus
- How much money you owe compared to how much money you earn
- The length of your credit history
- The number of other accounts that you have open
- Your account usage and payment histories
- Your recent credit report activity
Our goal is to help all homeowners who want to use solar energy to power their homes do exactly that. We take a look at every single application on a case-by-case basis and are often able to work with our customers to find a solution that works for them.
It’s easy to switch to solar!
We will get your solar system up and running as quickly as possible so that you can start saving money and using clean energy.
- Inside your home, you won’t experience any changes – there’s no need to change appliances or make any other alterations.
- Outside your home, your solar system installer will obtain all building permits and design your system to meet your local building codes.
Your solar installer will arrange the electrical, building and utility inspections and be on-site to make sure that everything is up to code.
Once the equipment components arrive at your home, a typical solar panel installation usually only takes 1-2 days to install. The actually length of time depends on the details, design and obstructions on your roof, the number of solar panels that will be installed and the hook-up to your electric meter.
Once the system is installed on your roof, it takes some additional time to receive “Permission to Operate” from your utility company. Your solar system installer will provide you with the estimated installation time for your specific solar energy system.
Quality and customer experience are of utmost importance to us because we guarantee the performance of your system for 20 years. We carefully screen and partner with the highest-quality local solar installation companies in the country; all of our Installers have to share our commitment to quality and have track records of success.