The Production of Energy and the Creation of Wealth
Whether a nuclear power plant, a political dictator, or banks too big to fail, the concentration of power is a recipe for disaster. At CREW, we mimic nature — decentralized, diversified, and powered by sunlight. It is already happening in other industries:
- World’s largest taxi company owns no taxis (UBER)
- World’s largest room provider owns no hotels (Airbnb)
- Largest phone companies own no telco lines (Skype/WeChat)
- Most popular media owner creates no content (Facebook)
- Most valuable retailer has no inventory (Alibaba)
- With the companies above, wealth is still concentrated to a few owners and shareholders.
- World’s most efficient network to distribute solutions, owns no products (CREW)
- With CREW, wealth is decentralized to the Members.
With our model, up to 80% of the revenue from solar upgrades goes to our Sales Partners and up to 50% of the profits.
- 39% Profit Sharing for Sales Leaders*
- 11% Profit Sharing for Founder’s Phase Leaders*
- 3% Founding Investors (we had to raise a little money)
- 33% Corporate Staff and board
- 11% CrewFund (an investment fund to create the world we all know in our hearts is possible)
- 3% CREW Founder (Robert Styler)
CREW Profit Sharing Explained
Profit Sharing is not given as shares, but as a percentage of any payout. If CREW pays $1M in dividends, $500,000 will be paid as Profit Sharing to our Sales Partners. If CREW is ever sold, 50% of the profits will go to the sales leaders. This is critical. Most companies offer no protection for sales leaders if a company is sold. Ownership is key — and it is built into our Articles of Incorporation as a Public Benefit Company.
We are decentralizing the production of energy and the creation of wealth – and that begins with our corporate structure.
Modeled on Nature. Supported by Technology. Powered by light.
Instead of “vertically integrating” in an attempt to control the entire value chain, we partner with local installers who have pride of ownership and create local jobs (cooperation is stronger than control). UBER, Airbnb, and others document that vertical centralization is history.
We decentralize the business model by cooperating with local installers because everyone wins when dollars stay in the local community.
Local companies can install solar more cost effectively because they have lower overhead and demand less margins. But in the past, they had two challenges:
- Smaller companies are more likely to go out of business, and with a 20-year solar warranty, that is a concern.
- Smaller companies don’t have the volume purchasing power to get the best pricing on modules and equipment.
CREW’s partner, Dividend Solar, solves both of these through their innovative model:
- Dividend “wraps” every install with their warranty so the customer always has just one number to call with any issue.
- Even if the local installer, Dividend, and Enphase all went out of business, the customer is still protected because every installation funds an escrow account to cover the warranty.
- Dividend uses their bulk purchasing power and passes the savings to the local installer so we can provide the best pricing for the customer.
Creating an Economic Ecosystem for Global Good
Please compare us to other solar company offers. The more educated you are about solar, the more we shine. Zero down solar ownership with Dividend and CREW is the best value in residential solar.